Total Pageviews

Monday, December 29, 2014

Thoughts at 5:00 a.m.

I smell the dis-ease of me wafting up through my nostrils with the intensity of some garlic dish eaten and burped up. A cloud of smell that one wants to escape and yet is stuck with because the smell emanates from within. Pouring though pores from heat induced sweat my tail rears off to the left, but I'm not right. 
A lab rat sporting a lab coat empties his bottle of scotch into an awaiting champagne glass in celebration. The human has made it through the maze with only a few errors...this is the 6th attempt, but the human is learning. The chimp in the adjoining cage is playing chess with a gorilla. Pleasantries are exchanged over cheese and crackers and the only wine is that of the pit bull longing for its toe shoes and tutu. I smell the dis-ease of me as I fit not into the box of animal crackers as they spilled out and played themselves before me. I, the animal, dumbfounded and disturbed is dis-eased in my circumstance...dis-eased in my mind...dis-eased at that which effects others, dis-eased in the knowledge that I cannot get through the maze without error and dis-eased in the knowledge that I am banned from playing the winner in the next chess match. Silently, in my dis-ease, I watch as the pit bull performs Swan Lake. 
This is not some fool proof joke that can't be changed outright as I see it. However, it is hard to see beyond "what is" as transparency is lacking. This dis-ease is not solid nor semi-solid nor anything that I can lay hold of. It just is. The maze will be run again tomorrow and I suppose I could try to remember what works and what doesn't, but it seems that is behind me much like the lion who is released upon my heels. I take the lion as a temporary inspiration to run and be quick about it, however, it is not just a matter of quick it is also a matter of right. Fortunately or not, the rat seems to understand my dis-ease and offers the lion a tasty salad with ranch dressing just as he seems to be closing in. 
Beaver lies about with sloth telling stories of his sexual escapades with rabbit. Meanwhile, rabbit denies the lot to bear while preaching about the righteousness of chastity. Bear cares not and hurries away to sleep it off. After all, he was sitting first shift in the lab. The vodka kicked in early, but so did rat arriving hours before being due. ~ Arachne ~ Dec. 27 @ 5 a.m. EST

No comments: